Makes 4 servings
|1||pound boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|2||tablespoons canola oil|
|1||or 2 small green or red jalapeño peppers,* seeded and sliced|
|1||small piece fresh ginger (1 inch long), peeled and thinly sliced|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro|
|2||tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1||to 2 teaspoons sugar|
|Hot cooked rice or flour tortillas|
*Jalapeño peppers can sting and irritate the skin, so wear rubber gloves when handling peppers and do not touch your eyes.
- Cut each chicken breast half into 8 pieces. Cut each onion into 8 wedges.
- Remove 3 strips of peel from lime with vegetable peeler. Cut lime peel into very fine shreds. Juice lime; measure 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add chicken, jalapeño and ginger; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onions; stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Add lime peel, juice and chopped cilantro; stir-fry 1 minute. Add soy sauce and sugar to taste; stir-fry until well mixed and heated through. Transfer to serving dish. Serve with rice or tortillas.
|Serving Size:||1 cup chicken mixture|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Calories from Fat||35 %|
Check out more recipes for Mexican