Makes 24 buns
|1||recipe Sweet Yeast Dough|
|1/2||cup granulated sugar|
|2||teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|2||tablespoons butter, melted|
|1/2||cup raisins (optional)|
|2||cups sifted powdered sugar|
- Prepare Sweet Yeast Dough; let rise as directed.
- Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside. Grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Cut dough in half. Roll one half of dough into 12X8-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface with lightly floured rolling pin. Brush rectangle with half of melted butter; sprinkle with half of sugar mixture and half of raisins, if desired. Starting with 1 (12-inch) side, roll up jelly-roll style. (Do not roll dough too tightly because centers of rolls will pop up as they rise.) Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cut each roll into 12 (1-inch slices) with dental floss or floured sharp knife. To use dental floss, position it under roll; bring up ends of floss, cross over center and gently pull floss to cut each slice.
- Place slices 1/2 inch apart in prepared pans. Rolls will spread as they rise. Cover pans with towels; let rise in warm place about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in small bowl until smooth. Spread mixture over rolls. Serve warm.
Check out more recipes for Rolls & Buns