Hearty layers of flavorful meat, cheese and seasoned tomato sauce between al dente lasagna noodles baked to bubbling perfection
PREP TIME 45 minutes
COOK TIME 2 hours
|1||Pound ground round|
|3||Cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided (3 cups = 12 oz)|
|2||Cup part skim ricotta cheese|
|1||Cup shredded Romano cheese, divide|
|3||clove garlic, minced|
|2||Tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil|
|1/4||Cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, divided|
|1||can (28 oz each) Hunt's® Crushed Tomatoes|
|1||can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|3||*serving PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray|
|9||noodle uncooked lasagna noodles (about 8 ounces)|
|1||Pound Italian pork sausage|
|1/2||Teaspoon fennel seeds|
|1/2||Teaspoon ground black pepper, divided|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water to stop cooking. Meanwhile, spray large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot; add sausage and ground chuck. Cook and stir 5 minutes to crumble meat.
- Add onion and garlic to pan. Continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain meat mixture well. Add crushed and undrained tomatoes, 1 tablespoon parsley, fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt. Bring meat mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; cook uncovered over medium-low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place ricotta, 3/4 cup of the Romano cheese, eggs, remaining parsley, basil and remaining pepper in medium bowl; blend well. Set aside.
- Assemble Lasagna: Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup meat sauce evenly over bottom of dish. Place 3 lasagna noodles over sauce, top with 2 cups meat sauce, half of ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers ending with a layer of noodles topped with sauce and the remaining mozzarella and Romano cheeses.
- Spray underside of aluminum foil with cooking spray; cover dish tightly with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbling. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
|Serving Size:||1 piece each|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||665 iu|
|Vitamin C||11 mg|
Check out more recipes for Pasta