Classic Refrigerator Sugar Cookies
YIELD Makes about 4 dozen cookies
|1||cup (2 sticks) butter, softened|
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|2||teaspoons baking powder|
|Colored sprinkles (optional)|
|Melted semisweet chocolate chips* (optional)|
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add sugar; beat until well blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder and nutmeg in medium bowl. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to butter mixture, beating at low speed after each addition until well blended.
- Shape dough into 2 logs, each about 2 inches in diameter and 6 inches long. Roll logs in colored sprinkles, if desired, coating evenly (about 1/4 cup sprinkles per roll). Or, leave logs plain and decorate cookies with melted chocolate after baking. Wrap each log in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Cut logs into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. (Keep unbaked logs and sliced cookies chilled until ready to bake.)
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Dip plain cookies in melted chocolate, or drizzle chocolate over cookies with fork or spoon, if desired. Place cookies on wire racks until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container.
This recipe appears in: Butter & Sugar
|Serving Size:||1 cookie|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Calories from Fat||51 %|
You Might Also Like