YIELD Makes 4 servings
|6||ounces fresh spinach, chopped|
|6||tablespoons butter or margarine, divided|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||can (14-1/2 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained|
|1/4||cup dry white wine|
|1||tablespoon tomato paste|
|3/4||teaspoon salt, divided|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper, divided|
|1/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|4||veal cutlets, cut 3/8 inch thick (about 4 ounces each)|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1||cup (4 ounces) mozzarella cheese, shredded|
|Homemade Angel Hair Pasta (recipe follows, optional)|
- Place spinach in large saucepan over medium heat. Cover and steam 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add 2 tablespoons butter; cook and stir until butter is absorbed. Remove from pan; set aside.
- To make tomato sauce, heat 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until melted and bubbly. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Press tomatoes with juice through sieve into garlic mixture; discard seeds. Add wine, water, tomato paste, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Mix flour, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in small resealable food storage bag. Pound veal with meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Pat dry with paper towels. Shake veal, 1 cutlet at a time, in seasoned flour to coat evenly.
- Heat oil and remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat until bubbly. Add veal to skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side until light brown. Remove from heat. Spoon off excess fat. Top veal with reserved spinach, then cheese.
- Pour reserved tomato mixture into skillet, lifting edges of veal to let sauce flow under. Cook over low heat until bubbly. Cover and simmer 8 minutes or until heated through. Serve with pasta. Garnish as desired.
You Might Also Like
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.
Have you ever wanted to cook authentic Thai food instead of going out to a fancy restaurant? Now you can with our Thai recipes.