YIELD Makes 4 servings
|6||ounces fresh spinach, chopped|
|6||tablespoons butter or margarine, divided|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||can (14-1/2 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained|
|1/4||cup dry white wine|
|1||tablespoon tomato paste|
|3/4||teaspoon salt, divided|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper, divided|
|1/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|4||veal cutlets, cut 3/8 inch thick (about 4 ounces each)|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1||cup (4 ounces) mozzarella cheese, shredded|
|Homemade Angel Hair Pasta (recipe follows, optional)|
- Place spinach in large saucepan over medium heat. Cover and steam 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add 2 tablespoons butter; cook and stir until butter is absorbed. Remove from pan; set aside.
- To make tomato sauce, heat 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until melted and bubbly. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Press tomatoes with juice through sieve into garlic mixture; discard seeds. Add wine, water, tomato paste, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Mix flour, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in small resealable food storage bag. Pound veal with meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Pat dry with paper towels. Shake veal, 1 cutlet at a time, in seasoned flour to coat evenly.
- Heat oil and remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat until bubbly. Add veal to skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side until light brown. Remove from heat. Spoon off excess fat. Top veal with reserved spinach, then cheese.
- Pour reserved tomato mixture into skillet, lifting edges of veal to let sauce flow under. Cook over low heat until bubbly. Cover and simmer 8 minutes or until heated through. Serve with pasta. Garnish as desired.
You need more than a wok and oil to cook proper Chinese cuisine. Read these articles and learn which ingredients you'll need to prepare authentic Chinese cuisine.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.