"WIN A TRIP TO WASHINGTON STATE WINE COUNTRY” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("U.S."), AGED 21 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The "Win a Trip to Washington State Wine Country" Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC ("Sponsor"), its promotional partner Ste. Michelle Wine Estates Ltd./Columbia Crest Winery, Promotion Mechanics, Inc. ("Promotion Administrator"), their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising agencies, beverage alcohol wholesalers and retailers, promotional suppliers (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. PROMOTION DATES: The Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 30, 2013 and ends at 10:00 AM ET on September 3, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3. TO ENTER: Visit http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/columbia-crest-sweepstakes.htm and click on the “Win A Trip to Washington State Wine Country” Sweepstakes banner to access the online entry form. Provide the information requested and submit your completed entry so that it is received by 10:00 AM ET on September 3, 2013. Limit one entry per person per day. By entering, participants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decision of the Sponsor and Promotion Administrator.
4. RANDOM DRAWING - PRIZE - ODDS OF WINNING: On or about September 5, 2013, the Promotion Administrator, an independent judging organization, will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to award one (1) Grand Prize: a trip for the winner and one (1) guest to Washington State Wine Country. The prize trip consists of round trip coach air travel for two (2) people to Seattle, Washington, from a major commercial airport near winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor); one double-occupancy hotel room for 4 days/3 nights; a tour of the Columbia Crest vineyards; sightseeing in Seattle; ground transportation; and some meals. Under no circumstances will beverage alcohol be provided as part of the prize. Total approximate retail value of Grand Prize is $3,500. Actual value will be determined by winner's residence and seasonal rates. Winner must take trip at time in 2014 to be determined by Sponsor, or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and will be responsible for all necessary travel authorizations, for any travel insurance and for all trip expenses not specified.
Winner will be notified by email, phone, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor's sole discretion. Inability to contact a winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Grand Prize winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified in notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected. Grand Prize winner's guest, who must be 21 years of age or older, must complete a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner and his/her guest represent that they understand that travel, whether by plane, automobile, or other conveyance, or by foot, and in the air, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest represent that they recognize that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the trip. In order to be considered the Grand Prize winner and partake of the enjoyment of this trip, Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must be willing to accept the risk, and to confirm their acceptance to such risk in writing at Sponsor's request.
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or safety or security reasons or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
5. GENERAL: Taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize are the sole responsibility of winner. By participating, entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all respects relating to this sweepstakes; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, [c] to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.discovery.com, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sponsor, its promotional partner, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives, Promotion Administrator, and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for [a] any telecast, cable or telephone malfunctions, human error, satellite transmission failures, or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise TLC® or any affiliated Sponsor network in all or any parts of the United States; [b] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; [c] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; [d] late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or [e] any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the sweepstakes or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, in which case prize will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized web site address of http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/editor/columbia-crest-sweepstakes.htm. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event if it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
7. WINNER LIST: To receive the winner’s name, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by September 30, 2013, to: "Win a Trip to Washington State Wine Country" Sweepstakes Winner List, PMI Station, P.O. Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750.
Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Promotion Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470.
©2013 Discovery Communications, LLC All rights reserved.