Confetti Cheese Rotolo with Seasoned Eggplant
Makes 8 servings
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||cup fresh or frozen corn|
|1||cup coarsely chopped mushrooms|
|1/2||cup sliced green onions and tops|
|1/2||cup chopped carrot|
|1||medium red bell pepper, diced|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon dried basil|
|1||cup ricotta cheese|
|3/4||cup (3 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/2||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add corn, mushrooms, onions, carrot, bell pepper, garlic and basil; cook and stir 8 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Process cheeses, egg, salt and black pepper in food processor until smooth; add vegetables and process using on/off pulsing action until vegetables are finely chopped.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread about 1/2 cup cheese mixture on each lasagna noodle; roll up and place, seam side down in 11X7-inch baking pan. Repeat with remaining noodles and cheese mixture.
- Loosely cover pan with foil. Bake rotolo 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile prepare Seasoned Eggplant.
- Remove rotolo from oven and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Cut each rotolo into halves, if desired. Serve with Seasoned Eggplant.
Check out more recipes for Italian