YIELD Makes 20 cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|All-purpose flour (optional)|
|20||(4-inch) lollipop sticks|
|Assorted frostings, glazes and decors|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Remove dough from wrapper. Cut dough in half; refrigerate 1 half. Sprinkle remaining dough with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary. Roll to 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut dough using 3-1/2-inch cookie cutters.
- Place lollipop sticks on cutouts so that tips of sticks are imbedded in dough. Carefully turn cutouts so sticks are in back; place on prepared cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
- Decorate with frostings, glazes and decors as desired.
Making friends and influencing people can usually be best achieved by sharing a batch of fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate cookies. Try it and you'll see.
See what's involved in making ginger & spice cookies from scratch. These recipes are great for chefs of all ages.