Makes 4 servings
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1||small yellow onion, finely chopped|
|1||teaspoon curry powder|
|1-1/2||tablespoons dry sherry|
|1||tablespoon satay sauce|
|2||teaspoons soy sauce|
|1/4||cup cream or milk|
|2||egg whites, lightly beaten|
|1||tablespoon dry sherry|
|1||tablespoon soy sauce|
|2||cans (6-1/2 ounces each) crabmeat, drained and flaked|
|8||green onions with tops, finely chopped|
|2||stalks celery, finely chopped|
|1-1/2||pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined|
|1/2||cup all-purpose flour|
|2||to 3 cups soft bread crumbs (from 8 to 10 bread slices)|
|Vegetable oil for frying|
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 3 minutes. Add curry powder; cook and stir 1 minute. Add 1-1/2 tablespoons sherry, satay sauce, 2 teaspoons soy sauce and sugar; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in cream; bring to a boil. Simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- For shrimp, blend egg whites, cornstarch, 1 tablespoon sherry and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in medium bowl. Add crabmeat, onions and celery; mix well.
- Cut deep slit into but not through back of each shrimp.
- Flatten shrimp slightly by pounding gently with mallet or rolling pin. Spoon crab mixture onto each shrimp, pressing into slit with back of spoon or small spatula. Coat each shrimp lightly with flour.
- Beat eggs and milk with fork in shallow bowl until blended. Place each shrimp, stuffed-side up, in egg mixture, spooning egg mixture over shrimp to cover completely. Coat each shrimp with bread crumbs, pressing crumbs lightly onto shrimp. Place shrimp in single layer on cookie sheets or plates. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat to 375°F. Add four or five shrimp at a time; cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce.
Check out more recipes for Chinese