Bob Brougham created this Cream Cake recipe in the second season of TLC's 'Ultimate Cake Off'.
|3||eggs, well beaten|
|2||tsp. baking powder|
|4||cup powdered sugar|
|1||cup brown sugar|
|3 to 5||tbsp butter|
|1/2||cup chocolate chips|
|1||cup crushed chocolate sandwhich cookies|
- Beat eggs, add sugar gradually, then flavoring. Sift flour 2 to 3 times, and then add baking powder. Then add cream and flour.
- Alternately bake in 2-8” pans at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack, wrap, and refrigerate until needed.
- Cream butter and shortening together. Add vanilla, almond, and salt. Beat sugar in 1 cup at a time, scrape sides and bottom of bowl often to make sure sugar is well blended.
- Add milk and beat at high speed until light and fluffy. Keep icing covered and in the refrigerator when not in use. Makes 3 cups.
- Combine sugar, milk and butter; bring to rolling boil. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips. Beat until right consistency to spread.
- Mix cookies and buttercream, adding milk if needed. (Mix just before filing cake so cookies still have some crunch.)
- Torte cake layers in two.
- Then layer cake, fudge, cake, cookies and cream filling, cake, fudge, and remaining cake layer.
- Chill until set. When set, ice with buttercream, decorate and serve.
Check out more recipes for Cakes