Try this great recipe from the football fans and players on TLC's Kick Off Cook Off.
See more recipes from TLC's KICK OFF COOK OFF, a new cooking competition that slams together America's two favorite pastimes: football and cooking!
|3||(12–ounce) bottles lager beer|
|1||Cup of water|
|1||tablespoon shrimp boil seasoning or Creole seasoning mix|
|4||cloves of Garlic crushed|
|1||teaspoon kosher salt|
|1||teaspoon black peppercorns|
|1||lemon, juiced, halves reserved|
|1||stick unsalted butter|
|1 1/2||pounds large shrimp, head and shell left on, rinsed well|
|1||pound smoked sausage cut into 1 inch pieces|
Or if you can’t find shrimp with head, shrimp with shell and no head will be fine
- In a large pot, bring the beer, water, shrimp boil seasoning, salt, garlic, peppercorns and the juiced lemon halves to a boil over medium heat.
- Allow mixture to boil covered for 10 minutes. In the meantime, melt butter in a small saucepan and add the lemon juice.
- Add smoked sausage and boil for 4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the pot of boiling beer, cover, and turn off heat. Check shrimp after 3 minutes for a pink color throughout.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp & sausage and transfer to serving bowls.
- Add 1/2 cup of the beer boiling liquid to the butter and simmer for 2 minutes, then transfer to small serving bowls.
- Serve the warm shrimp with the butter dipping sauce on the side, and don't forget the empty bowls for the shrimp shells. Enjoy!
Check out more recipes for Southern