Having some friends over to watch the big game? Kick the party off right with these sporty snacks full of crunch and chocolate flavor. The fans will love them!
Makes about 20 small footballs
|2||cups semisweet chocolate chips|
|1/2||cup light corn syrup|
|1/4||cup butter or margarine|
|7||cups crisp rice cereal|
|1/4||recipe Cookie Glaze|
|Pastry bag and small writing tip|
- Line baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside.
- Combine chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Place cereal in large bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal; stir to coat evenly.
- Lightly butter hands. Shape about 1/3 cup cereal mixture into football shapes, each about 2X1-1/4 inches in size. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Prepare Glaze. Stir in enough additional powdered sugar to glaze to make consistency suitable for piping. Using pastry bag fitted with writing tip, pipe lines and laces onto footballs.
If desired, shape mixture into 1 large football or press mixture into greased 13X9-inch baking pan and cut into squares to serve.
Combine 4 cups powdered sugar and 4 tablespoons milk in small bowl. Stir; add 1 to 2 tablespoons more milk as needed to make medium-thick, pourable glaze.
Check out more recipes for Fall