Curried Chicken & Pasta Salad the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 2 servings
|1/4||cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1/2||teaspoon curry powder|
|1||teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1/8||teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|1||green onion, sliced|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1||cup broccoli florets|
|1/3||cup carrot slices|
|1||teaspoon olive oil|
|4||ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces|
|2/3||cup cooked small shell pasta|
|1/2||cup sliced celery|
|1/3||cup dried cranberries or tart cherries|
|1/4||cup fat-free honey Dijon salad dressing|
- Stir together broth, cornstarch, curry powder, soy sauce and red pepper. Set aside.
- Spray nonstick wok or medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove from wok to bowl.
- Add broccoli and carrots to wok; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from wok to bowl.
- Add oil to wok; add chicken and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir broth mixture. Add to wok. Cook and stir until sauce comes to a boil and thickens slightly. Add to vegetable mixture. Cool 15 minutes.
- Toss chicken mixture, pasta, celery, cranberries and salad dressing. Season to taste with salt. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 24 hours. Serve on lettuce leaves.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Calories from Fat||11 %|
Check out more recipes for Salads