Curried Fish Casserole
YIELD Makes 4 servings
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|2||cups thinly sliced bok choy or napa cabbage|
|1||cup sliced red bell pepper, divided|
|1/2||cup uncooked quick-cooking brown rice|
|1/3||cup plus 3 tablespoons water, divided|
|4||Tilapia or white fish fillets (1/4 pound each)|
|1/2||teaspoon salt, divided|
|1||cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1||teaspoon curry powder|
|1/4||cup finely chopped green onions (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13X9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add bok choy, 1/2 cup bell pepper, rice and 1/3 cup water; toss gently to blend.
- Arrange fillets over vegetables; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork.
- Meanwhile, combine broth, remaining 1/2 cup bell pepper, curry powder, sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining 3 tablespoons water in small bowl; stir until completely dissolved. Add to curry mixture; cook and stir 1 minute, scraping bottom and side of pan to prevent sticking.
- Serve fish fillets over rice and vegetable mixture. Spoon sauce over top. Garnish with green onions.
This recipe appears in: Asian
|Serving Size:||1 fish fillet with 1/2 cup rice-vegetable mixture and 1/4 cup sauce|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Calories from Fat||12 %|