YIELD Makes 24 servings
|3/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|3||tablespoons sugar substitute|
|3||tablespoons packed brown sugar|
|2||tablespoons unsweetened cocoa|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|2||egg whites, softly beaten|
|1||tablespoon chocolate syrup|
|1/2||cup puffed wheat cereal|
|4||teaspoons sliced almonds|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar substitute, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Beat egg whites in small bowl on high speed with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Pour into small bowl. Add chocolate syrup and egg whites. Stir butter mixture into flour mixture to form stiff dough. Stir in cereal.
- Turn dough out onto cookie sheet; shape into 12X2-inch log. Press almonds onto log. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until firm.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Cool completely on wire rack. Using serrated knife, cut loaf into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheet. Bake biscotti 10 minutes. Turn slices. Bake 10 minutes more. Cool completely on wire racks.
|Serving Size:||1 biscotti|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||47 %|
Baking biscotti is a breeze with our easy-to-understand recipes. Choose your favorite biscotti recipe and start cooking.
Making friends and influencing people can usually be best achieved by sharing a batch of fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate cookies. Try it and you'll see.