YIELD Makes 24 servings
|3/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|3||tablespoons sugar substitute|
|3||tablespoons packed brown sugar|
|2||tablespoons unsweetened cocoa|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|2||egg whites, softly beaten|
|1||tablespoon chocolate syrup|
|1/2||cup puffed wheat cereal|
|4||teaspoons sliced almonds|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar substitute, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Beat egg whites in small bowl on high speed with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Pour into small bowl. Add chocolate syrup and egg whites. Stir butter mixture into flour mixture to form stiff dough. Stir in cereal.
- Turn dough out onto cookie sheet; shape into 12X2-inch log. Press almonds onto log. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until firm.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Cool completely on wire rack. Using serrated knife, cut loaf into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheet. Bake biscotti 10 minutes. Turn slices. Bake 10 minutes more. Cool completely on wire racks.
|Serving Size:||1 biscotti|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||47 %|
Who can pass up a peanut butter cookie? Check out our recipes and you'll be able to share these delectable morsels with all of your friends.
Making friends and influencing people can usually be best achieved by sharing a batch of fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate cookies. Try it and you'll see.