YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||cup uncooked instant rice|
|4||sheets (18X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|1||pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips|
|1/4||cup teriyaki sauce|
|1||tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ketchup|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/2||cup canned beef broth|
|1||cup chopped onion|
|1||large green or red bell pepper, cut in short strips|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking or preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place 1/4 cup rice in center of one sheet of foil. Place beef strips in medium bowl. Combine teriyaki sauce, ketchup and garlic in small bowl; mix well. Pour over beef and mix until beef is coated with sauce.
- Divide beef into four portions. Arrange four beef strips on foil to enclose rice. Pour 2 tablespoons broth over rice. Top with two ice cubes.
- Arrange remainder of one portion of beef on ice cubes and rice. Top with a quarter of onion and bell pepper.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packet, leaving head space for heat circulation. Repeat with remaining rice, beef, broth, ice cubes and vegetables to make three more packets. Place packets on baking sheet.
- Slide packets off baking sheet onto grid of covered grill. Grill 12 to 13 minutes over medium-high coals. Or, bake on baking sheet 14 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. Open packets and transfer contents to serving plates.
Learn new and exciting ways to cook chicken that will surprise and delight your friends and family by following our chicken recipes.
Grill it, bake it, blacken it or even eat it raw. These are just a few of the ways that our recipes suggest to cook fish. Try them today.