Elegant Crabmeat Frittata
Makes 4 servings
|3||tablespoons butter or margarine, divided|
|1/4||pound fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|2||green onions, cut into thin slices|
|1/2||teaspoon hot pepper sauce|
|1/2||pound lump crabmeat or imitation crabmeat, flaked and picked over to remove any shells|
|1/2||cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese|
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Beat egg yolks with electric mixer at high speed until slightly thickened and lemon color. Stir in milk, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Beat egg whites in clean large bowl with electric mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually add to egg yolk mixture, whisking just until blended.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in skillet. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook until egg mixture is almost set. Remove from heat.
- Preheat broiler. Broil frittata 4 to 6 inches from heat until top is set. Top with crabmeat, mushroom mixture and cheese. Return frittata to broiler; broil until cheese is melted. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately.
Check out more recipes for Italian