YIELD Serves 6 to 8
|Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas:|
|2 teaspoons||olive oil, plus more for cooking quesadilla|
|1/2 cup||diced red pepper|
|1 cup||frozen corn|
|1/2 cup||canned black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 teaspoon||ground cumin|
|Kosher salt and black pepper|
|10 7‑inch||flour tortillas|
|1 tablespoon||chopped fresh cilantro|
|3/4 cup||grated queso blanco cheese or Monterey|
|Salsa for serving, recipe follows|
|Light Sour Cream for serving|
|1 8‑ounce||can petite diced tomatoes and their juice|
|3 tablespoons||extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tablespoon||lime juice|
|1 tablespoon||minced yellow onion|
|1 tablespoon||minced green bell pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon||Kosher salt and black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon salt||minced garlic|
|1/2 teaspoon||Emeril's Kick It Up green pepper sauce or other green hot-pepper sauce|
Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas:
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium sized saute pan over medium heat. Add red peppers, corn, and black beans. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, stir to combine, and remove from heat.
- To assemble: Lay one tortilla in a hot skillet. Add 1/4 cup filling and then top with 2 tablespoon grated cheese. Top with another tortilla and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly browned on the bottom tortilla. Flip and cook on the other side until slightly browned and the cheese has melted.
- Cut each quesadilla into six triangles and serve warm with Salsa and light sour cream.
This recipe was featured in the Eco-Friendly Birthday Party episode of Emeril Green.
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Let rest at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
You Might Also Like
Learn to cook authentic Middle Eastern cuisine by checking out our collection of recipes. And you can use a fork if you'd like.
You need more than a wok and oil to cook proper Chinese cuisine. Read these articles and learn which ingredients you'll need to prepare authentic Chinese cuisine.