YIELD Serves 6 to 8
|Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas:|
|2 teaspoons||olive oil, plus more for cooking quesadilla|
|1/2 cup||diced red pepper|
|1 cup||frozen corn|
|1/2 cup||canned black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 teaspoon||ground cumin|
|Kosher salt and black pepper|
|10 7‑inch||flour tortillas|
|1 tablespoon||chopped fresh cilantro|
|3/4 cup||grated queso blanco cheese or Monterey|
|Salsa for serving, recipe follows|
|Light Sour Cream for serving|
|1 8‑ounce||can petite diced tomatoes and their juice|
|3 tablespoons||extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tablespoon||lime juice|
|1 tablespoon||minced yellow onion|
|1 tablespoon||minced green bell pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon||Kosher salt and black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon salt||minced garlic|
|1/2 teaspoon||Emeril's Kick It Up green pepper sauce or other green hot-pepper sauce|
Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas:
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium sized saute pan over medium heat. Add red peppers, corn, and black beans. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, stir to combine, and remove from heat.
- To assemble: Lay one tortilla in a hot skillet. Add 1/4 cup filling and then top with 2 tablespoon grated cheese. Top with another tortilla and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly browned on the bottom tortilla. Flip and cook on the other side until slightly browned and the cheese has melted.
- Cut each quesadilla into six triangles and serve warm with Salsa and light sour cream.
This recipe was featured in the Eco-Friendly Birthday Party episode of Emeril Green.
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Let rest at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
This recipe appears in: Mexican