YIELD 8 to 10 servings
|1 pound||Chorizo sausage, bacon or ham steaks, cubed|
|4 pounds||Rotisserie Chicken thighs and leg meat, shredded off the bone|
|1 packet||Mexican seasoning from Mexican Fiesta Rice|
|2 quarts plus 2 cups||Water|
|1 cup||chicken Gravy Mix|
|Hot sauce, to taste|
- Heat oil in a large roasting pan or Dutch oven. Saute pork for 2 to 3 minutes until slightly browned.
- Add the chicken meat and Mexican Seasoning packet, sauté an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 2 quarts water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine the chicken gravy mix with the remaining 2 cups tap water, stir to dissolve, then stir into the jambalaya.
- Add the rice. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Season with hot sauce.
Learn more about Foraging for Meals in Your Pantry.
Learn more about sustainable food choices with our Eat Green Guide.
This recipe was featured in the Operation Emeril episode of Emeril Green.
With so many different types of beef and even more ways to cook them, you'll never run out of beef recipes.
Penne with Tomatoes and Pine Nuts from Hunt's combines penne pasta, onion, garlic and whole tomatoes with basil in a simple but classic dish. It makes a great weeknight meal that the whole family will enjoy.