|2 8-ounce||grass-fed Rib Eye steaks|
|Salt and pepper|
|¼ cup||chopped shallots|
|¼ cup||dry red wine|
|½ cup||beef stock|
|1 tablespoon||finely chopped fresh parsley leaves|
- Remove steak from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before cooking.
- Season steaks liberally, on both sides, with the 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Heat a dry, large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks to the cast iron skillet cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Remove from the grill and let rest.
- Melt the butter in the skillet Add the shallots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 1 minute. Add the red wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the stock. Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from the heat, keeping warm.
- Place the steaks and on each serving plate. Spoon the sauce over each steak.
- Serve with Sicilian Potatoes Gratin.
Check out more recipes for Pork