YIELD 4 4-ounce burgers
|For the burgers:|
|1 pound||ground beef chuck|
|2 ½ teaspoons||Burger Seasoning|
|4||hamburger buns, for serving|
|Condiments for serving burgers, such as lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced avocados, sliced onions, pickle slices, mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard, as desired|
|Emeril's Burger Seasoning:|
|2 ½ tablespoons||paprika|
|2 tablespoons||table salt|
|2 tablespoons||garlic powder|
|1 tablespoon||onion powder|
|2 teaspoons||black pepper|
|2 teaspoons||ground mustard|
|1 teaspoon||cayenne pepper|
For the burgers:
- Combine ground beef and seasoning blend in a bowl and mix gently but thoroughly to combine. Divide mixture into 4 even portions and pat each portion into a flattened patty.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Grill beef burgers about 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Alternatively, heat a broiler to 500 degrees F and position an oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler unit.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and position an ovenproof rack on top of the baking sheet. Place the burgers on the rack and broil until just cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes
- Remove and serve burgers on buns garnished with desired condiments.
Editor's Note: Look for grass-fed beef wherever possible.
Emeril's Burger Seasoning:
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to blend thoroughly. Store in an airtight container. Use 2 to 3 teaspoons per pound of ground beef, turkey, or chicken.
- Dried herbs, such as basil, thyme, oregano, marjoram, or sage may also be added depending on the flavor profile desired.
Learn more about sustainable food choices with our Eat Green Guide.
Check out the Episode Guide here!
Learn how to make the perfect salad for your next family meal, party or casual get-together. The trick is in the combination of ingredients, and we've got the solution.
Sandwiches can vary from a simple peanut butter and jelly to a very complex combination of layered meats, cheeses and vegetables. Learn how to make delicious sandwiches with our recipes.