Fennel and Potato Bisque
Makes 4 servings
|3||tablespoons butter or margarine|
|1||leek, cut into thin slices|
|1||tablespoon vegetable bouillon granules|
|1/2||teaspoon white pepper|
|2/3||pound fennel bulb with 1-inch stalk, cut into thin slices|
|2||cups cubed peeled red potatoes|
|3||tablespoons dry sherry|
|2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|4||ounces blue cheese, crumbled|
|1/4||cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped toasted walnuts|
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek; cook and stir 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add milk, bouillon granules and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add fennel and potatoes. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until fennel is very tender.
- Combine half-and-half, sherry and flour in small bowl; whisk until smooth.
- Stir flour mixture into fennel mixture. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Do not boil.
- Ladle soup into soup bowls; sprinkle each serving evenly with blue cheese and walnuts.
Check out more recipes for French