Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
YIELD Makes 4 servings
See Cooking Videos
|FOR THE STEAK:|
|2||pounds flank steak (or any steak you like)|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|FOR THE SALAD:|
|1/4||red onion, very thinly sliced|
|1/4||cup olives chopped, + 2 tablespoons olive brine|
|1||pint cherry tomatoes, halved|
|2||stalks celery, very thinky and diagonally sliced + a handful of celery leaves from the tops|
|2||teaspoons Worcestershire sauce|
|1/2||teaspoon prepared horseradish|
|Few drops Tabasco sauce|
|2||tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2||teaspoon celery seeds|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- In a small bowl, mix together the red onion and the olive brine or juice. Set aside for 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Grill the steaks 5-7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Season the steaks immediately with salt and pepper. Let the steak rest while preparing the salad.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped olives, tomatoes, celery and celery leaves. Add the red onion to the salad, leaving olive brine in the small bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the remaining ingredients into the olive brine. Season with freshly ground black pepper. The dressing should be tangy and spicy -- feel free to adjust the level of heat to your tastes! Add additional olive brine, horseradish or hot sauce if desired.
- If you're using flank or skirt steak, make sure to slice the steak across the grain. Serve steak atop the Tomato Salad.
Cooking turkey doesn't have to be time-consuming or difficult if you follow our easy-to-understand recipes.
If meat isn't part of your main dish plans, don't worry because we've got you covered. Browse our collection of the best vegetarian meals around.