Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
YIELD Makes 4 servings
See Cooking Videos
|FOR THE STEAK:|
|2||pounds flank steak (or any steak you like)|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|FOR THE SALAD:|
|1/4||red onion, very thinly sliced|
|1/4||cup olives chopped, + 2 tablespoons olive brine|
|1||pint cherry tomatoes, halved|
|2||stalks celery, very thinky and diagonally sliced + a handful of celery leaves from the tops|
|2||teaspoons Worcestershire sauce|
|1/2||teaspoon prepared horseradish|
|Few drops Tabasco sauce|
|2||tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2||teaspoon celery seeds|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- In a small bowl, mix together the red onion and the olive brine or juice. Set aside for 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Grill the steaks 5-7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Season the steaks immediately with salt and pepper. Let the steak rest while preparing the salad.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped olives, tomatoes, celery and celery leaves. Add the red onion to the salad, leaving olive brine in the small bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the remaining ingredients into the olive brine. Season with freshly ground black pepper. The dressing should be tangy and spicy -- feel free to adjust the level of heat to your tastes! Add additional olive brine, horseradish or hot sauce if desired.
- If you're using flank or skirt steak, make sure to slice the steak across the grain. Serve steak atop the Tomato Salad.
If meat isn't part of your main dish plans, don't worry because we've got you covered. Browse our collection of the best vegetarian meals around.
With so many different types of beef and even more ways to cook them, you'll never run out of beef recipes.