Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
YIELD Makes 4 servings
See Cooking Videos
|FOR THE STEAK:|
|2||pounds flank steak (or any steak you like)|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|FOR THE SALAD:|
|1/4||red onion, very thinly sliced|
|1/4||cup olives chopped, + 2 tablespoons olive brine|
|1||pint cherry tomatoes, halved|
|2||stalks celery, very thinky and diagonally sliced + a handful of celery leaves from the tops|
|2||teaspoons Worcestershire sauce|
|1/2||teaspoon prepared horseradish|
|Few drops Tabasco sauce|
|2||tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2||teaspoon celery seeds|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- In a small bowl, mix together the red onion and the olive brine or juice. Set aside for 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Grill the steaks 5-7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Season the steaks immediately with salt and pepper. Let the steak rest while preparing the salad.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped olives, tomatoes, celery and celery leaves. Add the red onion to the salad, leaving olive brine in the small bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the remaining ingredients into the olive brine. Season with freshly ground black pepper. The dressing should be tangy and spicy -- feel free to adjust the level of heat to your tastes! Add additional olive brine, horseradish or hot sauce if desired.
- If you're using flank or skirt steak, make sure to slice the steak across the grain. Serve steak atop the Tomato Salad.
If you're looking for a main dish, try this recipe for Dan and Scott's chipotle pork loin with blue potato salad from Kick Off Cook Off.
There are hundreds of ways to cook pork, so check out our recipes to see which one you'd like to try for your next meal.