Miss Florida, Rachael Todd, submitted this recipe for Chicken Enchiladas.
|1/2||cup chopped onion|
|4||cloves of garlic, minced|
|1||tsp. ground coriander|
|1||8 oz sour cream|
|2||cups chicken broth|
|4||oz can diced green chili peppers, drained|
|1||cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|2||cups chopped cooked chicken|
|Sliced pitted ripe olives|
|Sliced green onions|
- Heat tortillas to soften.
- Cook onion, garlic, coriander and pepper in butter until tender.
- Stir flour into sour cream and add to onion mix. Stir in broth and chili peppers.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat, stir in ½ cup of the cheese.
- Stir ½ cup of the sauce into the chicken.
- Place about ¼ cup of filling into each tortilla, roll up.
- Lay in lightly greased dish.
- Top with remaining sauce and enchilada sauce and bake for 35 minutes at 350.
- Top with as much cheese as you want!
- Heat for 5 more minutes.
- Top with olives, tomatoes and green onions if desired.
Check out more recipes for Southern