Flourless Chocolate Cake
Makes 12 servings
|1||cup heavy cream|
|1||cup plus 2 tablespoons sucralose-based sugar substitute|
|12||squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped|
|4||squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped|
|6||eggs, at room temperature|
|1/2||cup strong coffee|
|1/2||cup chopped walnuts, divided|
|1||cup whipped cream (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F; set oven rack to middle position. Spray 8-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat cream with 2 tablespoons sugar substitute in large bowl at high speed of electric mixer until soft peaks form; set aside.
- Place unsweetened and semisweet chocolate in large microwavable bowl; microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted, stirring after 1 minute and at 30-second intervals after the first minute.
- Beat eggs and remaining 1 cup sugar substitute in large bowl at high speed of electric mixer about 7 minutes or until pale and thick. Add melted chocolate, coffee and salt to egg mixture; beat until well blended.
- Fold whipped cream and 1/4 cup walnuts into egg mixture. Spread in prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts. Place pan in large roasting pan; add enough hot water to roasting pan to reach halfway up side of pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set but still soft in center.
- To unmold, loosen edge of cake with knife; place serving plate upside down over pan and invert. Serve warm garnished with whipped cream, if desired.
|Serving Size:||1/12 of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Calories from Fat||72 %|
Check out more recipes for Cakes