Makes 10 to 12 servings
|1||(9-inch) round cake|
|1||(10-inch) round cake board, covered, or large plate|
|1-1/4||cups prepared white frosting|
|7||rectangular gummy candies|
|15||to 20 round green candies|
|1||chocolate licorice twist|
- Cut cake into flower shape as shown in photo. Place on prepared cake board.
- Reserve 1/4 cup frosting. Tint remaining 1 cup frosting pink.
- Frost entire cake with pink frosting; pipe decorative edge around cake, if desired. Pipe or spread circle of white frosting in center of cake.
- Flatten gummy candies with rolling pin on smooth, flat surface or sheet of waxed paper sprinkled with sugar. Roll until 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick, turning frequently to coat with sugar. Cut out petal shapes with sharp knife or scissors. Arrange petals on cake; decorate face with assorted candies.
- Thread round green candies through licorice twist to resemble stem, reserving several candies for leaves. Insert end of stem into cake; arrange candy "leaves" around stem as shown in photo.
Check out more recipes for Special Occasions