- Combine 2 egg yolks and 2 teaspoons water in small bowl with fork until blended. Divide mixture among several bowls, one for each color.
- Tint egg yolk mixture in each bowl with liquid or paste food coloring until desired shade is reached.
Dye the yolk with the
desired food coloring.
- Paint yolk paint onto unbaked cookies with clean paint brush.
Paint the yolk onto cookie with brush.
- Bake until cookies are set. Remove cookies with spatula to wire rack; cool completely.
Egg yolk painting, as well as other baking techniques, will require a separated egg.
- Gently tap egg in center against a hard surface, such as the side of a bowl.
- Holding a shell half in each hand, gently transfer yolk back and forth between the two halves. Allow the white to drip down between the two halves into a bowl.
- When all the white has dripped into the bowl, place the yolk in another bowl. Store unused egg yolk, covered with water, in airtight container. Refrigerate up to 3 days.
Collect the egg white into a bowl.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Cookie Recipes: Find recipes on this page that run the gamut of cookie types, from bar cookies to drop cooking and everything in between.
- Baking Cookies: Baking cookies is a delicate business, so you'd be wise to take a look at the many tips outlined in this helpful article.
- How to Make Cookies: Who doesn't love a cookie? And since there are so many varieties of cookies available, it's easy to find a favorite -- or several favorites, for that matter. Learn how to make cookies at HowStuffWorks.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.