How to Make Pinwheel Cookies
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin between 2 sheets of waxed paper into rectangle. Remove waxed paper from top of rectangle.
- Spoon filling over dough. Spread evenly with small spatula, leaving 1/2-inch border on long edges.
- Using bottom sheet of waxed paper as a guide and starting at long side, tightly roll up dough jellyroll fashion, removing waxed paper as you roll.
Start rolling on the long side.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate.
- Unwrap dough and slice. For softer or less chilled dough, you can use a length of dental floss instead of a knife to slice. Wrap the floss around the roll, cross the ends of the floss over each other, and then pull the ends down and out to the sides to slice through the log.
You can also use a piece of
dental floss to cut the dough.
- Bake and cool as directed.
As you can see, the various types of cookies are numerous, as are the delicious tastes you can create. So start baking today!
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Cookie Recipes: Find recipes on this page that run the gamut of cookie types, from bar cookies to drop cooking and everything in between.
- Decorating Cookies: While tasting cookies is surely the most fun, decorating cookies might be a close second. Find tips to help you decorate in this article.
- Baking Cookies: Baking cookies is a delicate business, so you'd be wise to take a look at the many tips outlined in this helpful article.
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.