Makes 6 servings
|Plum Tomato Sauce|
|4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|2/3||to 1 cup water|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh parsley|
|Freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|Fresh rosemary sprig for garnish|
- Prepare Four-Meat Filling; refrigerate.
- Prepare Plum Tomato Sauce; set aside.
- For dough, mix flour and salt in large bowl. Combine 2 whole eggs, oil and 2/3 cup water in small bowl; whisk thoroughly. Gradually stir egg mixture into flour mixture with fork. Add enough of remaining 1/3 cup water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to form firm but pliable dough.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface; flatten slightly. To knead dough, fold dough in half toward you and press dough away from you with heels of hands. Give dough a quarter turn and continue folding, pushing and turning. Continue kneading 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding more flour to prevent sticking if necessary. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; let stand 30 minutes.
- Unwrap dough and knead briefly (as described in step 4) on lightly floured surface; divide into 4 pieces. Using lightly floured rolling pin, roll out 1 dough piece to 1/16-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. (Keep remaining dough pieces wrapped in plastic wrap to prevent drying.) Cut dough into 4-inch-wide strips. Place teaspoonfuls of Four-Meat Filling along top half of each strip at 2-inch intervals.
- Whisk egg yolk and milk in small bowl. Brush dough on long edge and between filling with egg-milk mixture. Fold dough over filling; press firmly between filling and along long edge to seal, making sure all air has been pushed out.
- Cut ravioli apart with fluted pastry wheel. Repeat with remaining 3 dough pieces, filling and egg-milk mixture.
- Cook ravioli, 1/4 at a time, in large pot of boiling salted water 3 to 5 minutes or just until al dente. Remove with slotted spoon; drain well. Add ravioli to reserved sauce. Bring sauce and ravioli to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, 6 to 8 minutes until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Check out more recipes for Italian