|2 1/2||cups sifted flour|
|1 1/2||cups sugar|
|1||Tbsp + 1 tsp double acting baking powder|
|1/4||cup butter, softened|
|1/3||cup vegetable oil|
|3||whole eggs, room temperature|
|1/2||cup lukewarm water|
|1||small pkg. dry instant vanilla pudding mix|
|1||cup sour cream|
|1||tsp real vanilla|
|1 1/4||pound powdered sugar|
|1/2||cup pasteurized egg whites, room temperature|
|2||pounds unsalted butter, room temperature|
|Raspberry Cream Filling|
|1/3||seedless raspberry jam|
|2/3||prepared Buttercream Icing|
|Chocolate Cream Filling|
|melted dark chocolate|
|prepared Buttercream Icing|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Brush pan with pan coat (equal parts shortening, vegetable oil, flour mixed together).
- Combine by hand flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder in mixer bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix with mixer on low speed. Increase speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees F until center tests done (toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- In mixer bowl, combine sugar, egg whites and vanilla.
- Mix on low speed to combine then increase speed to high and mix for 10 minutes to build volume.
- Reduce speed to medium, and slowly add soft butter and beat an additional 5 to 10 minutes until full volume is reached.
Raspberry Cream Filling
- Mix 1/3 seedless raspberry jam with 2/3 prepared Buttercream Icing.
Chocolate Cream Filling
- Mix equal parts melted dark chocolate and prepared Buttercream Icing.
You Might Also Like
Whether you need to say "happy birthday", "congratulations", "welcome home" or anything in between, check out our cake recipes for the perfect cake for any occasion.
See what's involved in making ginger & spice cookies from scratch. These recipes are great for chefs of all ages.