|2 1/2||cups sifted flour|
|1 1/2||cups sugar|
|1||Tbsp + 1 tsp double acting baking powder|
|1/4||cup butter, softened|
|1/3||cup vegetable oil|
|3||whole eggs, room temperature|
|1/2||cup lukewarm water|
|1||small pkg. dry instant vanilla pudding mix|
|1||cup sour cream|
|1||tsp real vanilla|
|1 1/4||pound powdered sugar|
|1/2||cup pasteurized egg whites, room temperature|
|2||pounds unsalted butter, room temperature|
|Raspberry Cream Filling|
|1/3||seedless raspberry jam|
|2/3||prepared Buttercream Icing|
|Chocolate Cream Filling|
|melted dark chocolate|
|prepared Buttercream Icing|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Brush pan with pan coat (equal parts shortening, vegetable oil, flour mixed together).
- Combine by hand flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder in mixer bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix with mixer on low speed. Increase speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees F until center tests done (toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- In mixer bowl, combine sugar, egg whites and vanilla.
- Mix on low speed to combine then increase speed to high and mix for 10 minutes to build volume.
- Reduce speed to medium, and slowly add soft butter and beat an additional 5 to 10 minutes until full volume is reached.
Raspberry Cream Filling
- Mix 1/3 seedless raspberry jam with 2/3 prepared Buttercream Icing.
Chocolate Cream Filling
- Mix equal parts melted dark chocolate and prepared Buttercream Icing.
Learn how to make all kinds of cheesecake - everything from the plain cheesecake to the extra-duty, tooty fruity cheesecake - and everything in between.
Candy keeps the Tooth Fairy in business. Help fund her retirement by making these amazingly simple candy recipes.