Ham loaf is a great way to use up leftover lunchmeat. Just use your food processor to chop it up and then grind it to a fine consistency. Fruit is a great complement to ham, so you can top off this dish with some crushed pineapple, if you're so inclined.
- 1 pound smoked ham, finely ground
- 1 pound fresh ground pork
- 1/2 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs or dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each allspice and nutmeg
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176.6 degrees Celsius).
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and blend them with your hands.
- Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and transfer mixture into pan.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours.