Makes 4 dozen
|1||ounce dried mushrooms|
|1||pound boneless lean pork|
|4||ounces fresh spinach, stemmed|
|1-1/2||tablespoons dry sherry|
|4||teaspoons soy sauce, divided|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|48||wonton wrappers (about 1 pound)|
|1||can (6 ounces) pineapple juice|
|1/2||cup distilled white vinegar|
|1/2||cup Chinese Mixed Pickled Vegetables|
|Vegetable oil for frying|
|Pineapple leaves for garnish|
- Place mushrooms in bowl; cover with hot water. Let stand 30 minutes; drain. Squeeze out excess water. Cut off and discard stems.
- Finely chop mushroom caps, pork and spinach with food processor or cleaver. Transfer pork mixture to large bowl. Add sherry, 2 teaspoons soy sauce and pepper; mix well.
- For wontons, work with about twelve wrappers at a time, keeping remaining wrappers covered with plastic wrap. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon pork mixture onto center of each wonton wrapper. Gather edges around filling, pressing firmly at top to seal; cover and set aside.
- Combine pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup, sugar and remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Blend cornstarch and water in small cup; stir into pineapple mixture. Reduce heat to low; simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in Chinese Mixed Pickled Vegetables; keep warm.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat to 375°F. Add eight to ten wontons at a time; cook until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. To serve, pour pineapple mixture over wontons. Garnish, if desired.
- Fill 5-quart stockpot or Dutch oven 1/2 full with water. Bring to a boil. Add all vegetables. Remove from heat. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Drain vegetables in large colander. Spread vegetables out onto clean towels; allow to dry 2 to 3 hours.
- Pack vegetables firmly into clean jars with tight-fitting lids. Pour Pickling Liquid into jars to cover vegetables. Seal jars tightly. Store in refrigerator at least 1 week before using. Serve garnished, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Chinese