Ginger-Mint Stir-Fry Chicken
YIELD Makes 4 to 6 servings
|6||to 8 dried shiitake mushrooms (1/2 ounce)|
|Fried Onions (recipe)|
|2||tablespoons packed brown sugar|
|2||tablespoons fish sauce|
|2||tablespoons rice vinegar|
|4||to 6 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided|
|1‑1/2||pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1/2-inch strips|
|1||or 2 jalapeño peppers,* seeded and chopped|
|2||tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||can (5-1/2 ounces) whole baby corn, drained|
|4||green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1/4||cup slivered fresh mint leaves|
|Red onion flower and mint leaves for garnish|
- Place mushrooms in bowl; cover with hot water. Let stand 30 minutes or until caps are soft. Drain mushrooms; squeeze out excess water. Remove and discard stems. Slice caps into thin strips.
- Prepare Fried Onions; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, fish sauce and vinegar in small bowl; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Heat wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil and swirl to coat surface. Add 1/3 of chicken; stir-fry 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Transfer to bowl. Repeat with remaining chicken, adding 1 teaspoon oil with each batch to prevent sticking if necessary.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to wok. Add jalapeño peppers, ginger and garlic; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant but not browned.
- Add fish sauce mixture to wok; boil until reduced by half. Return chicken to wok. Add mushrooms, carrots, baby corn and green onions; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in mint. Transfer to serving platter and arrange Fried Onions around dish. Serve with rice and garnish, if desired.
This recipe appears in: Asian
You Might Also Like