Prep Time 9 minutes
Makes 24 servings
|1||can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained|
|1||package (14.5 ounces) gingerbread cake and cookie mix|
|3/4||cup lukewarm water|
|2||teaspoons canola oil|
|1/4||cup chopped walnuts (optional)|
|Powdered sugar (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat miniature muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place pineapple with juice in fine sieve over medium bowl; drain well, pressing pineapple to release juices.
- Combine gingerbread mix, water, pineapple juice, egg and oil in large bowl; whisk 2 full minutes, scraping side often. Stir in walnuts, if desired.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Top each with equal amount of pineapple. Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- Remove to cooling rack; cool completely. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar, if desired.
After these muffins are completely cooled, they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Check out more recipes for Muffins