Gingered BBQ'd Shrimp Skewers
the Editors of
Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 6 servings
||Cooking oil spray
||cup bottled barbecue sauce
||cup no-sugar-added raspberry fruit spread
||tablespoon grated fresh ginger
||tablespoons balsamic vinegar
||teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
||medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
||bacon slices, each cut into 6 pieces
||green onions, white part only, cut in half (24 pieces total)
||(6-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Coat cold grill rack with cooking spray and place over heat.
- In a small bowl, combine barbeque sauce, fruit spread, grated ginger, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Whisk until well blended and set aside.
- Alternating shrimp, bacon and green onion, thread skewers, 2 shrimp, 2 bacon pieces, 2 green onion pieces per skewer.
- Place half of the sauce in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Place skewers on the grill, baste with the remaining sauce and grill 3 minutes total or until shrimp is opaque in center, turning and basting frequently. Remove from heat, baste with reserved sauce.
|Calories from Fat
Check out more recipes for Shellfish