Makes 16 flat breads
|Basic Yeast Bread|
|1/4||pound crumbled feta cheese|
|1/2||cup chopped kalamata olives|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|Coarse salt (optional)|
- Prepare Basic Yeast Bread as directed.
- Turn out dough onto lightly oiled surface. Divide dough into 16 equal pieces. Form each piece into ball. Cover with clean towel; let rest 5 minutes.
- Grease baking sheets; set aside. Combine cheese, olives, garlic and oil in medium bowl; set aside. Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water.
- Flatten each dough ball to 1/2 inch thick. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Brush dough with beaten egg mixture. Sprinkle each round with equal amount of olive mixture; press topping into dough slightly. Cover with towel; let rise in warm, draft-free place 45 minutes.
- Place heavy pan on lower rack of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F. Sprinkle tops of dough with coarse salt, if desired; place in oven. Carefully place 4 to 5 ice cubes in heavy pan in oven; close door immediately. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove bread from baking sheets to wire racks; cool.
Check out more recipes for European