Grilled Chicken Provencale Salad
Grilled marinated chicken served over mixed greens with a tomato and vegetable topping. Recipe from the Hunt's 'Best Meals. Best Moments. Recipe Contest' 2009 - Roxanne, Albany, CA, 3rd Place
Cook Time 20 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
|1||Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|1||large clove garlic, crushed|
|1||Tablespoon chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley|
|1||Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme|
|1||can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained, reserve 2 tablespoons juice|
|2||Tablespoon lemon juice|
|1/2||Teaspoon grated lemon peel|
|2||Tablespoon olive oil|
|2||Tablespoon finely chopped red onion|
|4||*serving Crumbled fresh goat cheese, optional|
|2||Tablespoon finely chopped roasted red pepper|
|5||Ounce mixed baby salad greens|
|1/2||Teaspoon kosher salt|
|1||Teaspoon herbes de Provence|
|1/2||Teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1/2||Cup shredded zucchini|
|1/4||Cup tapenade (olive relish)|
|2||Tablespoon red wine vinegar|
- Blend together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Pour HALF of mixture into large recloseable food storage bag. Set aside remaining marinade mixture.
- Add chicken to marinade in bag; close and let stand while preparing tomato topping.
- Blend together marinade mixture in bowl with the 2 tablespoons reserved juice. Add drained tomatoes, zucchini, tapenade, red onion, roasted red pepper, thyme, parsley and lemon peel. Stir to mix; set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat; add chicken and cook 5 to 7 minutes per side, turning once, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- Arrange greens on serving plates. Slice and arrange chicken on greens. Spoon tomato topping over chicken and greens. Sprinkle with goat cheese, if desired.
|Serving Size:||1-1/2 cups|
|Vitamin C||29.5 mg|
|Vitamin A||1515.7 iu|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.7 g|
|Total Fat||12.8 g|
Check out more recipes for Salads