YIELD Makes 4 servings
Chinese five-spice powder is available in Asian markets and many supermarkets. Use prepackaged and washed baby spinach to save time.
|1‑1/2||teaspoons grated lime peel|
|3||tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|4||teaspoons minced fresh ginger|
|1/2||to 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder*|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|2||teaspoons vegetable oil, divided|
|1||pound salmon steaks|
|1/2||pound fresh baby spinach leaves (about 8 cups lightly packed), washed|
|2||large cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press|
- Combine lime peel, lime juice, ginger, 5-spice powder, sugar, salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon oil in 2-quart dish. Add salmon; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Combine spinach, garlic and remaining 1 teaspoon oil in 3-quart microwavable dish; toss. Cover; microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking.
- Remove salmon from marinade and place on oiled grid. Brush salmon with marinade. Grill salmon, covered, over medium-hot coals 4 minutes. Turn salmon; brush with marinade and grill 4 minutes or until salmon begins to flake with fork. Discard remaining marinade.
- Serve fish over bed of spinach.
|Serving Size:||1/4 of total recipe|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Calories from Fat||55 %|
Don't you dare go to fast-food taco restaurants when you can learn to cook authentic Mexican cuisine from your own kitchen.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.