YIELD Makes 4 servings
Chinese five-spice powder is available in Asian markets and many supermarkets. Use prepackaged and washed baby spinach to save time.
|1‑1/2||teaspoons grated lime peel|
|3||tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|4||teaspoons minced fresh ginger|
|1/2||to 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder*|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|2||teaspoons vegetable oil, divided|
|1||pound salmon steaks|
|1/2||pound fresh baby spinach leaves (about 8 cups lightly packed), washed|
|2||large cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press|
- Combine lime peel, lime juice, ginger, 5-spice powder, sugar, salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon oil in 2-quart dish. Add salmon; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Combine spinach, garlic and remaining 1 teaspoon oil in 3-quart microwavable dish; toss. Cover; microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking.
- Remove salmon from marinade and place on oiled grid. Brush salmon with marinade. Grill salmon, covered, over medium-hot coals 4 minutes. Turn salmon; brush with marinade and grill 4 minutes or until salmon begins to flake with fork. Discard remaining marinade.
- Serve fish over bed of spinach.
|Serving Size:||1/4 of total recipe|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Calories from Fat||55 %|
You Might Also Like
Learn to cook authentic Middle Eastern cuisine by checking out our collection of recipes. And you can use a fork if you'd like.
Contrary to popular belief, Southern cuisine does not have to involve frying everything (but it helps in many cases). Learn the secrets of country cooking with our Southern recipes. Y'all enjoy.