Grilled Fruits with Orange Couscous
Prep and Cook Time 28 minutes
Makes 4 servings
|1-1/3||cups quick-cooking couscous|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||cup orange juice|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil, divided|
|1||tablespoon soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon maple syrup|
|1/8||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/2||cup chopped walnuts or pecans|
|2||ripe mangoes, quartered|
|1/2||fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch slices|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, adding cinnamon to water with couscous.
- Meanwhile, blend orange juice, 1 tablespoon oil, soy sauce and maple syrup in glass measuring cup; set aside. Blend remaining 1 tablespoon oil and nutmeg in small bowl; set aside.
- Cool couscous 5 minutes. Stir in orange juice mixture, raisins and walnuts. Transfer to serving bowl. Place bowl in center of large serving platter. Cover lightly.
- Spray grid with nonstick cooking spray. Place mangoes, skin side down, and pineapple on prepared grid. Brush fruits with nutmeg mixture.
- Grill over medium-hot coals 5 to 7 minutes or until fruits soften, turning pineapple halfway through grilling time. Arrange grilled fruits around couscous on platter.
Cut the work
Purchase pineapple already trimmed and cored in produce refrigerated section or use cantaloupe wedges instead of mango.
Sesame cracker bread; canned brown bread, warmed.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Calories from Fat||26 %|
Check out more recipes for Vegetarian