Make-Ahead Time up to 12 hours in the refrigerator
Final Prep and Cook Time 20 minutes
YIELD Makes 4 servings
|3||tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or regular soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon regular or seasoned rice vinegar|
|1||tablespoon dark sesame oil|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4||teaspoon dried red pepper flakes|
|1||pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
- For marinade, combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil, garlic and pepper flakes in small bowl; mix well. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour or overnite.
- To complete recipe, combine marinade and shrimp in large resealable food storage bag. Seal bag securely. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, turning bag once.
- Spray barbecue grid with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking.
- Drain shrimp, reserving marinade. Thread shrimp onto 4 (12-inch-long) skewers. Place skewers on prepared grid; brush with half of reserved marinade.
- Grill skewers on covered grill over medium coals 5 minutes. Turn skewers over; brush with remaining half of marinade. Grill 3 to 5 minutes more or until shrimp are opaque.
|Serving Size:||1 kabob (without fried rice and pineapple spears)|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Calories from Fat||32 %|
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.
Learn how to cook authentic Asian cuisine with our recipes from all of the major regions in Asia, including Korea, Japan and Malaysia.