Grilled Pork and Potatoes Vesuvio
Makes 6 servings
|1||center-cut boneless pork loin roast (1-1/2 pounds), well trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1/2||cup dry white wine|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|4||cloves garlic, minced and divided|
|1-1/2||to 2 pounds small red potatoes (about 1-1/2 inches in diameter), scrubbed|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh Italian or curly leaf parsley|
|1||teaspoon finely grated lemon peel|
- Place pork in large resealable food storage bag. Combine wine, oil and 3 cloves garlic in small bowl; pour over pork.
- Place potatoes in single layer in microwavable dish. Pierce each potato with tip of sharp knife. Microwave on HIGH 6 to 7 minutes or until almost tender when pierced with fork. (Or, place potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer about 12 minutes or until almost tender when pierced with fork.) Immediately rinse with cold water; drain. Add to pork in bag. Seal bag tightly, turning to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking.
- Meanwhile, drain pork mixture; discard marinade. Alternately thread about 3 pork cubes and 2 potatoes onto each of 6 skewers. Place 1 lemon wedge on end of each skewer. Season pork and potatoes to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place skewers on grid. Grill skewers, on covered grill, over medium coals 14 to 16 minutes or until pork is juicy and no longer pink in center and potatoes are tender, turning halfway through grilling time.
- Remove skewers from grill. Combine parsley, lemon peel and remaining minced garlic clove in small bowl. Sprinkle over pork and potatoes. To serve, squeeze lemon wedges over pork and potatoes.
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Calories from Fat||33 %|
Check out more recipes for Italian