YIELD Makes 4 servings
|2||to 3 green onions|
|2||tablespoons Sesame Salt (recipe)|
|4||swordfish or halibut steaks (about 1-1/2 pounds total)|
|2||tablespoons hot bean paste*|
|2||tablespoons soy sauce|
|4||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||tablespoon dark sesame oil|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
- Spray grid of grill or broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare coals for grilling or preheat broiler.
- Cut off and discard root ends of green onions. Finely chop enough green onions to measure 1/4 cup; set aside. Prepare Sesame Salt; set aside.
- Rinse swordfish and pat dry with paper towels. Place in shallow glass dish.
- Combine green onions, Sesame Salt, hot bean paste, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, sesame oil, and pepper in small bowl; mix well.
- Spread half of marinade over fish; turn fish over and spread with remaining marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade; discard remaining marinade. Place fish on prepared grid. Grill fish over medium-hot coals or broil 4 to 5 minutes per side or until fish is opaque. Garnish as desired.
Learn how to make authentic Southwestern foods by following our easy-to-cook recipes that will help to spice up your next meal.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.