Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
Makes 6 servings
|1||tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided|
|1||tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided|
|1||tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard|
|1||tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed (optional)|
|2||teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves|
|2||yellow Grilled Bell Peppers|
|2||small (8 ounces) green zucchini, halved lengthwise|
|1/2||pint (6 ounces) cherry tomatoes|
|6||ounces uncooked rotini, cooked and drained|
|2||tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
- Prepare wooden or bamboo skewers by soaking in water 20 to 30 minutes to keep from burning.
- To make dressing, whisk together 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and mustard. Stir in capers, if desired, and tarragon; set aside.
- Prepare Grilled Bell Peppers. Combine remaining 1 teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoons lemon juice in small bowl. Brush onto zucchini and tomatoes. Grill zucchini on covered grill over medium coals 10 to 13 minutes or until grillmarked and tender, basting and turning once.
- To grill cherry tomatoes, thread tomatoes onto prepared skewers. Grill on covered grill over medium coals 5 minutes or until blistered and browned, basting and turning once.
- Stir dressing into pasta in large bowl. Remove bell pepper skins with paring knife and discard. Dice peppers and add to pasta. Slice zucchini crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces and add to pasta along with tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and gently stir to combine. Garnish as desired.
|Serving Size:||1/6 of total recipe (without garnish)|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Calories from Fat||24 %|
Check out more recipes for Pasta Side Dish