Grilled Vegetables with Creamy Polenta
Makes 4 servings
|1||head garlic, separated into cloves|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|1/2||pound plum tomatoes|
|1||green bell pepper, seeded, cored and quartered|
|1||red or orange bell pepper, seeded, cored and quartered|
|2||ears of corn|
|3||tablespoons prepared pesto|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||cup polenta or yellow cornmeal|
|1/3||cup fat-free shredded Parmesan-style cheese|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Place garlic on 10-inch piece of foil; lightly spray with cooking spray. Seal foil well; grill over medium-low coals, turning frequently, about 20 minutes or until tender. Peel garlic. Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices; lightly spray with cooking spray. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise; remove seeds.
- Grill tomatoes and peppers, skin-side down, over hot coals until blackened. Place peppers in paper bag; steam 5 minutes. Grill zucchini and corn on covered grill over medium coals 1 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender and lightly browned.
- Remove skin from tomatoes and peppers. Cut corn off cob. Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces; toss with garlic and pesto. Keep warm.
- Bring water to a boil; add salt and black pepper. Slowly stir in polenta; cook and stir over medium heat about 5 minutes or until creamy and thickened. Stir in cheese and butter; add additional water as needed to keep creamy consistency.
- Spoon vegetables over polenta; serve immediately.
|Serving Size:||1-1/4 cups polenta with 1 cup grilled vegetables|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Calories from Fat||34 %|
Check out more recipes for Vegetarian