Groovy Peace Signs
Makes 2 dozen cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|Assorted colored hard candies, separated into colors and crushed|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with foil; lightly grease foil.
- Remove dough from wrapper, keeping in log shape. Cut dough log in half crosswise. Wrap 1 half in plastic wrap; refrigerate.
- Cut remaining log into 12 equal slices using sharp knife. Pat into 2-1/4-inch rounds with floured hands. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 7 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. While still warm center 2-inch round cookie cutter over each cookie; gently press to make indentation. Loosen cookies from cookie sheet with metal spatula. Cut peace sign design with sharp knife; remove and discard scraps.
- Fill cutout shapes with crushed candies. Do not overfill. Brush off any excess crushed candy with clean, dry pastry brush.
- Return cookies to oven; bake 2 to 3 minutes or until candies are just melted. Remove foil and cookies to wire rack; cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough and candies.
To crush hard candies, unwrap candies and separate into colors. Place each color in separate heavy resealable plastic food storage bag. Crush candies with rolling pin or hammer.
Check out more recipes for Cooking with Kids