Ham and Egg Enchiladas
Makes 4 servings
|1||small red bell pepper, chopped|
|3||green onions with tops, sliced|
|1/2||cup diced ham|
|8||(7- to 8-inch) flour tortillas|
|1/2||cup (2 ounces) pepper jack cheese|
|1||can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce|
|1-1/2||cups (6 ounces) pepper jack cheese (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onions; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add ham; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Lightly beat eggs with wire whisk in medium bowl. Add eggs to skillet; cook until eggs are set but still soft, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup egg mixture evenly down center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll tortillas up and place seam side down in shallow 11X7-inch baking dish.
- Combine enchilada sauce and salsa in small bowl; pour evenly over enchiladas.
- Cover enchiladas with foil; bake 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups cheese, if desired. Continue baking 10 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and cheese is melted. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately.
Check out more recipes for Mexican