YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||pound boneless beef top sirloin or tenderloin steaks, cut into 1-1/4-inch pieces|
|2||ears fresh corn,* shucked, cleaned and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces|
|1||red or green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares|
|1||small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges|
|1/2||cup chili sauce|
|1||teaspoon dry mustard|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|3||cups hot cooked white rice|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh parsley|
- Place beef, corn, bell pepper and onion in large resealable food storage bag. Combine beer, chili sauce, mustard and garlic in small bowl; pour over beef and vegetables. Seal bag tightly, turning to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking. Meanwhile, cover 1-1/2 cups hickory chips with cold water; soak 20 minutes.
- Drain beef and vegetables; reserve marinade. Alternately thread beef and vegetables onto 4 (12-inch) metal skewers. Brush with reserved marinade.
- Drain hickory chips; sprinkle over coals. Place kabobs on grid. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat 5 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade; turn and brush again. Discard remaining marinade. Continue to grill 5 to 7 minutes for medium or until desired doneness.
- Combine rice and chopped parsley; serve kabobs over rice mixture.
You Might Also Like
With Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-fry from Home Made Simple, you can make a gourmet meal with half the hassle. Learn the recipe at TLC Cooking.
There are hundreds of ways to cook pork, so check out our recipes to see which one you'd like to try for your next meal.