YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||pound boneless beef top sirloin or tenderloin steaks, cut into 1-1/4-inch pieces|
|2||ears fresh corn,* shucked, cleaned and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces|
|1||red or green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares|
|1||small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges|
|1/2||cup chili sauce|
|1||teaspoon dry mustard|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|3||cups hot cooked white rice|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh parsley|
- Place beef, corn, bell pepper and onion in large resealable food storage bag. Combine beer, chili sauce, mustard and garlic in small bowl; pour over beef and vegetables. Seal bag tightly, turning to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking. Meanwhile, cover 1-1/2 cups hickory chips with cold water; soak 20 minutes.
- Drain beef and vegetables; reserve marinade. Alternately thread beef and vegetables onto 4 (12-inch) metal skewers. Brush with reserved marinade.
- Drain hickory chips; sprinkle over coals. Place kabobs on grid. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat 5 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade; turn and brush again. Discard remaining marinade. Continue to grill 5 to 7 minutes for medium or until desired doneness.
- Combine rice and chopped parsley; serve kabobs over rice mixture.
This recipe appears in: Beef