Holiday Candy Cane Twists
Have fun with these breadsticks by shaping them into your favorite holiday designs.
Makes 8 servings
|1||tablespoon ground cinnamon|
|1||can (11 ounces) refrigerated breadstick dough|
|3||tablespoons butter or margarine, melted|
|Red decorating icing (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well.
- Separate dough; roll and stretch each piece of dough into 16-inch rope. Fold rope in half; twist ends together and form into candy cane shape on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush candy canes with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm, either plain or decorated with red decorating icing as shown in photo.
Christmas Tree Rolls
Make cinnamon-sugar with green colored sugar instead of granulated sugar. Stretch dough into 16-inch ropes as directed. Cut off 1/2 inch from 1 end of each rope for tree trunk. Shape ropes into tree shapes on prepared baking sheet; add trunks. Brush with butter and sprinkle with green cinnamon-sugar. Bake as directed. Decorate with red cinnamon candies.
Check out more recipes for Snacks