YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||cup instant rice|
|4||sheets (18X12 inches each) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|1||pound beef sirloin steak (1 inch thick), cut into thin strips|
|1/4||cup teriyaki sauce|
|1||tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ketchup|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/2||cup canned beef broth|
|1||cup chopped onion|
|1||large green or red bell pepper, cut in short strips|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking or preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place 1/4 cup rice in center of each sheet of foil. Place beef strips in medium bowl. Combine teriyaki sauce, ketchup and garlic in small bowl; mix well. Pour over beef and mix until beef is coated with sauce.
- Divide beef into 4 portions. Arrange 4 beef strips on top of rice; pour 2 tablespoons broth over beef. Top with 2 ice cubes.
- Arrange remainder of 1 portion of beef on ice cubes of rice. Top with a quarter of onion and bell pepper.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packet, leaving head space for heat circulation. Repeat with remaining rice, beef, broth, ice cubes and begetables to make 3 more packets. Place packets on baking sheet.
- Slide packets off baking sheet onto grid of covered grill. Grill 12 to 13 mintues over medium-high coals. Or, bake on baking sheet 14 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. Open packets and transfer contents to serving plates.
With so many different types of beef and even more ways to cook them, you'll never run out of beef recipes.
Penne with Tomatoes and Pine Nuts from Hunt's combines penne pasta, onion, garlic and whole tomatoes with basil in a simple but classic dish. It makes a great weeknight meal that the whole family will enjoy.