YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||cup instant rice|
|4||sheets (18X12 inches each) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|1||pound beef sirloin steak (1 inch thick), cut into thin strips|
|1/4||cup teriyaki sauce|
|1||tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ketchup|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/2||cup canned beef broth|
|1||cup chopped onion|
|1||large green or red bell pepper, cut in short strips|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking or preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place 1/4 cup rice in center of each sheet of foil. Place beef strips in medium bowl. Combine teriyaki sauce, ketchup and garlic in small bowl; mix well. Pour over beef and mix until beef is coated with sauce.
- Divide beef into 4 portions. Arrange 4 beef strips on top of rice; pour 2 tablespoons broth over beef. Top with 2 ice cubes.
- Arrange remainder of 1 portion of beef on ice cubes of rice. Top with a quarter of onion and bell pepper.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packet, leaving head space for heat circulation. Repeat with remaining rice, beef, broth, ice cubes and begetables to make 3 more packets. Place packets on baking sheet.
- Slide packets off baking sheet onto grid of covered grill. Grill 12 to 13 mintues over medium-high coals. Or, bake on baking sheet 14 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. Open packets and transfer contents to serving plates.
Grill it, bake it, blacken it or even eat it raw. These are just a few of the ways that our recipes suggest to cook fish. Try them today.
If you're looking for a great main dish, try this recipe for a grilled skirt steak with a fig ginger glaze from Inedible to Incredible.