Individual Orange Soufflés (Calorie Watcher)
Makes 6 servings
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|3||tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur|
|6||tablespoons granulated sugar|
|1-1/2||tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)|
|1-1/2||tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray 6 individual soufflé dishes (8 to 10 ounces each) with cooking spray. Place dishes on jelly-roll pan.
- Grate enough orange peel to equal 1-1/2 teaspoons; set aside. Remove peel and membrane from oranges; section oranges over small saucepan. Dice oranges. (Saucepan should contain 1-1/2 cups juice and pulp.)
- Stir in cornstarch until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly. Remove from heat; stir in liqueur and reserved orange peel.
- Beat egg whites and salt with electric mixer at high speed in large bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Fold 1/4 of egg white mixture into orange mixture. Fold orange mixture into remaining egg white mixture. Spoon into prepared dishes; sprinkle with almonds.
- Immediately bake 12 to 15 minutes or until soufflés are puffed and browned. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Check out more recipes for French